This DIY bentonite clay mask recipe is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to clear skin, shrink pores, and detoxifies your skin.
Tips Before Use A Bentonite Clay Mask
- Always clean your skin before applying a mask.
- Spread a thin layer of soil on your face to avoid the eye area, then allow it to work for 15 minutes.
- As the soil dries, you will feel tense of your skin. That’s when the magic happens.
- Try to keep your face as still as possible so that the mask does not crack.
1. Homemade Bentonite Clay Mask With Turmeric
Turmeric has a high antioxidant content as well as anti-inflammatory properties, which not only make it an amazing herb, but also an excellent skin caretaker. This homemade clay mask with turmeric requires only 3 ingredients, and it will give your skin soft, less lubrication and also help in preventing acne. This recipe was prepared to form them with oily and acne-prone skin, but any type of skin can definitely benefit from this mask. But we give you a tip, if you have very dry skin, then we recommend not using this mask, or if you do, add little coconut oil to the recipe.
Made entirely of natural and organic ingredients, this homemade clay mask contains very powerful turmeric powder, bentonite clay, and apple cider vinegar. When you combined these three ingredients you make the most powerful fighter to remove extra oils, acne breakout, spot black, and white spot.
- A wooden or glass bowl and spoon.
- 2 tbsp bentonite clay.
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. (preferably organic if you have it)
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
How to make:
- In a wooden or glass bowl, mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon. Do not use a metal spoon because it can disable active elements in clay and vinegar.
How to apply:
- Apply on clean face and neck, make sure to avoid the eye area.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes or until the mask feels tight and has dried.
- Remove with a damp, warm towel and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- After, apply a moisturizer.
- Use it twice a week.
Note – This mask dries up, so it can feel very tight on your skin – it is normal.
After using it your skin may look a little red – it is also normal. In a few minutes, the redness will disappear.
2. DIY Bentonite Clay Mask Recipe With Cucumber
Bentonite clay has electrical properties which are activated when mixed with water. These properties act as a magnet for toxic substances and facilitate the cleaning of the pores. This means that your skin will be free from bacteria, oils, impurities, and fungi.
The effect of bentonite clay is complemented by cucumber juice. Being an astringent and natural moisturizer, it will leave your skin dull and very soft. And rose water, in turn, closes the pores to make them appear less.
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay.
- 1 tablespoon cucumber juice.
- 2 tablespoons of rose water.
How to make:
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a smooth paste.
How to apply:
- Apply it on your face.
- Take rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- This mask is ideal for sensitive skin.